top of page

Travel to Chengdu - Visa Information

144-hour Visa-Free Layover in Chengdu


Travelers from 53 countries can have a visa-free layover in Chengdu from 1st of January 2019 for total 144 hours (in total 6 days). Passengers with international travel certificate and flight tickets with dates and seat numbers going to another country via Chengdu can go through Chendgu Custom from Shuangliu International Airport to travel freely for 144 hours within the Chengdu City Precinct.

To extend your Visa in Chengdu


To extend your visa in Chengdu you need to go to the Exit & Entry Administration Department of Chengdu PSB.
Exit & Entry Administration Department of Chengdu PSB is located at No. 2 Renmin West Road, Qingyang District. Service line: 028-86407769.

From Exit & Entry Administration Department of Chengdu PSB


Warm notice from Department of Chengdu PSD: In order to have a pleasant trip, please observe the following regulations and pay attention to the notes.

1.    According to relevant regulations, aliens, compatriots from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan shall report and register accommodation with valid certificates upon arrival in Chengdu.
A.    Register accommodation at the reception desk of the hotel where you stay.
B.    If aliens or compatriots from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan lodge in the local resident’s home, the lodger or host shall report and register accommodation in the local police station within 24 hours of the lodger’s arrival (within 72 hours in rural areas).


2.    Make sure that the credentials you hold are valid.
A.    Please extend your visa or residence permit with valid credentials and required materials before it goes expiration if you plan to continue to stay in Chengdu.
B.    Aliens holding visas D, Z, X, J-1 shall apply for residence permit within 30 days of entry into China in Exit & Entry Administration Department of Chengdu PSB.


3.    Aliens at the age of 16 and above shall take their passports or other identity document with them for possible examination by the police.

4.    Aliens without residence permit for working are not allowed to work in China.

5.    In case of any changes of name, nationality, cause of residence, passport number, place of work, college for studies, address and accompanying children, the holder of the residence permit shall, within 10 days, register such changes with the Exit-Entry Administration Department if the public security bureau at the place of his/her residence.

6.    In case the passport is lost, stolen or taken away, aliens shall report immediately to the local police station and get the receipt of case reporting, and then take it to the Exit & Entry Administration Department of Chengdu PSB for procedures of leaving China.

7.    Aliens, compatriots from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan are allowed to drive only after they obtain Chinese driving license according to the Regulation of People’s Republic of China on driving license of motor vehicles.

8.    For your personal and property safety, please pay attention to:
A.    Keep your property and important credentials safe. Do not show your property in public.
B.    Take safe transportations when you go out. (e.g. transportations provided by hotels, companies and friends or taxis with operation qualifications.)
C.    Call 110 in case of emergencies.


9.    Chinese government ensures lawful rights and interests of aliens. Aliens are required to observe laws and regulations of China. Otherwise he or she shall be investigated for legal liabilities according to the law.

10.    Special service calls.
Alarm call: 110
Fire call: 119
Rescue call: 120
Traffic accident call: 122
If using a foreign registered mobile phone, one should dial 0086-28 before the above numbers.

Exit & Entry Administration Department of Chengdu PSB
Address: No 2, Renminxilu Street (Renmin Road West), Qingyang District, Chengdu
Tel: 0086 28 8640 7067

bottom of page