Sichuan Opera Face-Changing Show
Face-changing or Mask-changing show is one of the must-do activities while traveling in Chengdu! We offer the cheapest prices of Sichuan Opera Show tickets!
What is Sichuan Opera?
Sichuan Opera is called Chuan Ju in Chinese. It is a specific kind of opera in Sichuan featuring mask-changing and fire-spitting performance, which are considered to be ancient magician performances. Throughout time Sichuan Opera kept its original way of performing the show. Except mask-changing, there are also different performances in Sichuan Opera Show including Puppet Show, Hand Shadow Show, Rolling with Candle, etc.
When does the Sichuan Opera show start? Is it available every day?
Sichuan Opera Show is available every day. Sichuan Opera Show starts by 8.00pm every day. Visitors are recommended to get to the opera house before 8pm.
Where can I watch Sichuan Opera show?
The opera house is called Shufeng Yayun. It is located inside a park at No. 32 Qintai Lu, Qingyang Qu. This opera house tries to keep the opera house in a more traditional way, the way Chengdu people have been doing since the beginning.
Details of Sichuan Opera Show
Naotai is the openning of Sichuan Opera. The assembles of gong, drum, chime produce a simple tune as a start of Sichuan Opera by blowing, pulling, plucking and beating.
Puppet Show is a silent show of a puppet without singers or players. The performer use only his pair of clever hands to control the puppet to make different and sometimes difficult movements resembling a real person playing in a show and trying to tell a story usually about love.
Hand Shadow Trick is when the performer form the shapes of different animals like rabbits and horse by a pair of hands.
Rolling Light is a local Sichuan Drama that is famous among local people. It tells a story between a gambling-addicted husband and an aggressive wife. Rolling light is the way the wife uses to punish her husband in the yard. It is a deep-root cultural fact in Chengdu when we say a “Soft-ear” husband is usually afraid of his wife and listens and does what his wife says.
Face-changing and Fire-spitting is the highlight of the opera show. It comes by the end of Sichuan opera how. You will need to watch closely to find out how did the actors changing their masks.
Availability: Every Day
Please read the layout map of different classes of seats, the higher price of seats will have better spectacle of the opera show.
Your can pay upon arrival, but bookings need to be done before hand,
Cash accepted, Foreign currency accepted
Class VIP Ticket: USD32
Class A Ticket: USD24
Calss B Ticket: USD20
Class C Ticket: USD12
1. Address of the opera house is 132 Qintai Lu, Qingyang District, Chengdu. It is inside a park.
2. Normally an early booking is better to secure good seats (middle, front) in different types of tickets section, especially during the Chinese holidays and weekends.
3. Pick up service (need extra fee) is available.
4. You are recommended to arrive there by 19:30.
5. VIP tickets can choose 1 from the 4 available local experience provided by the opera house: a. ear-cleaning; b.massage; c. dress up opera costume; d.putting on opera makeup. Each activity takes about 10 to 20 minutes. These local activities are available before the show.
6. All types of tickets will provide a free cup of tea. Snacks/beers are also available but need to pay by yourself.
7. There is no dressing code of the opera show. Taking photos are also allowed.